The aim of this fellowships programme is to enhance the capacity-building and human resources development in the area of sustainable and renewable energy sources in developing countries and countries in transition.
The training activities in the framework of these fellowships are
tenable in specialized institutions in the Russian Federation. The
medium of instruction will be English. UNESCO will solicit applications
from the developing countries and countries in transition.
with the strategy and objectives of the approved UNESCO Programme and
Budget for the Fellowships Programme Section, the UNESCO Category II
International Center for Sustainable Energy Development (ISEDC) in
Moscow (Russian Federation) is offering twenty (20) fellowships of four
weeks (4) duration each in 2022.
Field of Study.
One month duration: from October 5 to October 30, 2022.
candidates may choose to study in the following fields of study, which
are aligned with UNESCO’s objectives and programme priorities, as per
approved 35 C/5 and in accordance with the decisions made by the
Executive Board (161 EX/Decision 3.6.3 and 165 EX/Decision 8.6):
- Energy and sustainable development;
- Ecological management of energy resources;
- Renewable energy;
- Sustainable and renewable energy power generation.
- Be holder of at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics;
- Be proficient in English language;
- Not more than 35 years of age.
- Facilitated by ISEDC
- Beneficiaries will be exempt of paying tuition fees for the entire duration of studies/training;
will undertake studies/training under the supervision of an advisor or
study director that will be provided by the host institution;
donor Government will pay stipends to beneficiaries on a monthly basis,
in local currency. The stipend amounting to four hundred and fifty
(450) US dollars is intended to cover living expenses such as
accommodation, meals, pocket expenses, and incidentals. The donor will
determine the amount of the stipend to be granted to beneficiaries;
- ISEDC will assist in obtaining modest housing for the fellows.
- Facilitated by UNESCO
- UNESCO will cover the cost of the round-trip international travel at the most economical rate and the most direct flight.
will pay a one-time travel allowance amounting to US$100 (one hundred
US dollars) prior to the fellows’ departure for the Russian Federation.
insurance. To avail of this entitlement, beneficiaries should be
declared medically fit by the UNESCO Medical Service that examines the
complete medical dossiers.
- Selected fellows from
countries where there are Russian Federation Embassies or Consulates
must obtain their entry visa in their country prior to their departure.
Fellows from countries where no such embassy/consulate exists must
secure their visa through the nearest country where the Embassy or
Consulate of the Russian Federation can be found.
How to Apply.
applications should be endorsed by the National Commission for UNESCO
and must be duly completed in English or French with the following
attachments in DUPLICATE:
- The prescribed UNESCO fellowship application form;
- Six photographs;
- Certified photocopies of Diplomas;
- Certificate of English Language proficiency;
for those who have been selected, the UNESCO medical examination form
duly completed by a recognized physician (not more than four months
before the actual date of studies). The prescribed form of which will be
sent along with the letter of award. Expenses incurred in the
constitution of the medical dossiers will not be reimbursed.
which are incomplete or received after the deadline for the submission
of applications and candidatures, and do not fulfil the requirements
mentioned above, will not be considered.
- Each invited Member State is requested to nominate not more than two (2) candidates.
For more information visit http://www.unesco.org/new/en/fellowships/programmes/unescoisedc-co-sponsored-fellowships-programme/.
3rd April, 2022.