Applications are invited from Candidates for the 2023 UBC Undergraduate Scholarships Program. See Eligibility,
Requirements, Selection Process, How to Apply and other Information.
Pursue your studies in Canada. Good news! UBC Undergraduate Scholarships are currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about these scholarships, their benefits and step by step application process.
UBC Undergraduate Scholarships 2023/2024 are of two types: Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award and International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES). The number and level of these international scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
University of British Columbia recognizes the academic achievement of outstanding students from around the world by devoting more than $20 million annually to awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial support for international undergraduate students.
The Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award is a one-time, merit-based entrance scholarship awarded to qualified students when they are offered admission to UBC. Students selected for this award show strength academically and display involvement outside of the classroom.
International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) are awarded to exceptional international students entering undergraduate programs at UBC. Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study. The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Study in: Canada
- Deadline: Not Specified (annual)
- People, Culture and Society.
- History, Law and Politics.
- Languages and Linguistics.
- Media and Fine arts.
- Business and Economics.
- Earth, Environment, and Sustainability.
- Health and Life Sciences.
- Engineering and Technology.
- Math, Chemistry, and Physics.
For more information, click here.
UBC Undergraduate Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
Eligibility Criteria for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships
To qualify for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English is the primary language of instruction in UBC. All prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English before they’re admitted
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college).
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
How to Apply for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for these scholarships:
Please note: Submit documents showing you meet minimum English Language Admission Standard .
To know more about Outstanding International Student Award, please visit official website: Official Website