The Skoll Scholarship is a competitive scholarship for incoming MBA students to the University of Oxford who pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges. The Scholarship provides funding and exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and investors.
The Skoll Scholarship provides funding for entrepreneurs who have set up or have been working in entrepreneurial initiatives with a social purpose or who have pursued an impact career, and who wish to improve their knowledge of market-oriented practices so they can be more effective in their subsequent social change pursuits.
The Scholarship is given in recognition that the MBA may represent a significant financial burden, particularly for those who have chosen to work in the social impact/innovation space rather than the purely commercial or public sectors.
RECOMMENDED: Scholarships in UK for International Students 2023/2024.
The Skoll MBA Scholarship Programme 2023 | Fully Funded to Study in UK
- Entrepreneurial action
- You have identified opportunities and taken action in order to make positive social impact
- You have spent preferably at least 3 years driving change through entrepreneurial approaches. For example, you could have:
- Started or grown a social venture
- OR led the expansion of a social impact initiative within an organisation
- OR been tackling a specific social/environmental issue, through a core thread that unites your work
- Creating impact with a focus on systems change
- You can demonstrate the outcomes and impact of your entrepreneurial action
- Your impact addresses unjust systems and practise in your area of work
- Personal qualities of a social entrepreneur
- You are a force for positive change
- You are single-minded and persistent, with a willingness to fail and start again
- You have bias toward action
- You have a tendency to explore your environment for opportunities and resources
- You have a willingness to take personal, and sometimes financial, risks
- You develop networks and leverage members to pursue mutual goals
- You have apprenticed with the problem* or experienced the problem you are trying to solve
- The Oxford MBA is critical to your career trajectory
- You can demonstrate why business education is essential in helping to develop your work/impact at this stage
- Financial need
- You are in a position where the cost of the programme is a significant financial burden
- You can demonstrate the need for the Scholarship (for example, due to previous work experiences or personal circumstances)
- The Skoll Scholarship provides funding for entrepreneurs who have
set up or have been working in entrepreneurial initiatives with a social
purpose or who have pursued an impact career, and who wish to improve
their knowledge of market-oriented practices so they can be more
effective in their subsequent social change pursuits.
- The Scholarship provides access to the Skoll Scholar community, a
group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through
innovation and systems change, as well as exclusive opportunities to
meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and investors.
- The Scholarship is given in recognition that the MBA may represent a
significant financial burden, particularly for those who have chosen to
work in the social impact/innovation space rather than the purely
commercial or public sectors.
How to Apply
To apply for the Skoll Scholarship follow these steps:
- Connect with them to register (SEE LINK) your interest in the
Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements
about upcoming deadlines.
- Apply for the Oxford MBA programme directly to Saïd Business School. You need to do this during stages 1, 2 or 3 of the MBA admissions process.
- As part of your MBA application, upload your answers to the Skoll
Scholarship essay questions and submit your MBA application! You’ll find
the Scholarship essay questions under the “Funding” section of the MBA
application. We would advise that you allow yourself about 1-weeks’ time
to answer the Skoll Scholarship essay questions.
- The MBA Admissions Team will then assess your application and determine if you are accepted onto the MBA programme or not.
- If you received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the
MBA programme, your application will automatically go forward to the
Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Applications for the Scholarship are reviewed after each MBA admissions stage.
- You will receive an update on the status of your Scholarship
application and whether your application is going forward to final
shortlisting shortly after MBA admission decisions have been made from
- If you receive confirmation that your Scholarship application is
going forward to final shortlisting, keep an eye out for an email from
the Skoll Centre with a link to the Logistics and Reference Form. See
timelines below to know when to expect this email.
- Once you have received the email, complete the Logistics and
Reference Form. This consists of a series of short questions to confirm
your contact details (in case you are invited to interview), how you
heard about the Scholarship and your referees contact details. Please
note, your referees will not be contacted unless you get to the final
stages of the selection process.
4th January, 2023.