Entries are invited from Scientists worldwide for advancing scientific solutions to a prescribed problem for which Nigeria benefits as captured by the theme for the year, Innovation for Enhancement of Healthcare Therapy.
The winner(s) would receive an award of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100,000.00). This annual prize for science was instituted in 2004 by Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG) to recognise outstanding scientific achievements by Scientists in line with its vision of helping to build a better Nigeria.
Themes for which the Prize has been recently awarded include Innovations in Malaria Control (2017); Innovations in Energy for Stable Power Supply (2018); Climate Change: Erosion, Drought and Desertification (2019) and Innovations in Sustainable Food Security (2022).
RECOMMENDED: NLNG Literary Criticism Prize | Call for Entries.
The theme for the 2023 competition is: Innovation for Enhancement of Healthcare Therapy.
1. Improvement in food production with adequate nutritional values that meets the needs of the population
2. Processes in food production and Food Process technologies
3. Organic food preservation technologies
- The award is open to scientists worldwide (Nigerians and non- Nigerians) involved in the application of science to proffer innovations in sustainable food security.
- The work should be of outstanding merit and should have advanced the frontiers of knowledge and/or provide an innovative solution in the area of sustainable food security.
- The submission for consideration must be original and must indicate the specific area of merit; and all submissions must relate to that particular area.
- All material in support of the entry must be submitted within the time stipulated.
Applicants must complete and submit their entries online accompanied by an application form obtainable online from the NLNG website.
- As the intention is to recognise the most relevant and effective solution to a prescribed problem for which Nigeria benefits, works of collaboration by two or more persons are also welcome.
- Only one entry per contestant(s) is permitted per competition year.
- Entries not submitted by the stated deadline and according to stated conditions shall not be considered.
- Members of the Advisory Board or Panel of Judges or their relatives are not allowed to enter their works for the Science Prize during their year of service as well as the following year.
- NLNG staff or their family members are ineligible to enter for the prize.
- The prize will be awarded for no other reason than excellence.
PANEL OF JUDGES
- A Panel of Judges shall be appointed for The Nigeria Prize for Science by the Advisory Board.
- The appointment of Judges shall, as far as possible, reflect and represent a multi-disciplinary approach relevant to the theme.
- Persons appointed as judges are those who have wide experience, peer recognition, good public image and command respect nationally and internationally.
- The outcome of the process as approved by the Advisory Board shall be final.
CLOSE OF ENTRY
All entries must be received by midnight GMT, 30th April, 2023. Late entries will not be entertained.
ANNOUNCEMENT AND PUBLIC PRESENTATION OF WINNER
Winners will be announced to the public in September 2023 and presented in October 2023.
Entries should be sent to:
Email: [email protected]
For further information, visit Nigeria LNG Limited’s website: www.thenigeriaprizes.org.
SEE ADVERT POSTER BELOW: