Applications are Currently
Open and Ongoing for the 2023 Fully Funded Honjo International Scholarship Program in Japan for Masters & Ph.D Students. See
Requirements, Application Guidelines and Deadline.
Applications are invited to apply for the Honjo International Scholarship 2023/2024 in Japan. All International Students from all over the world are eligible to apply for Japanese Graduate Scholarships. Fully Funded Scholarships are provided by Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Japan to Pursue A Masters Degree or PhD Degree from Japanese Top Universities. The Japanese Graduate Scholarship is available for academic session of 2023/2024.
Almost all Academic Field and Majors are available to Study in Masters or Doctoral Degree. There is No Application Fee to Apply for Scholarship for foreign students studying in Japanese graduate school.
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation provides scholarship to students studying in any academic field from any country and region all around the world, having the potential to become outstanding leaders contributing to the peaceful development of the global society.
About the Honjo International Scholarship 2023/2024:
|Offered by:||Honjo International Scholarship Foundation|
|Degree level:||Masters, PhD|
|Scholarship coverage:||Fully Funded|
|Deadline:||30 April 2023|
Financial Benefits of Japan Scholarship:
Honjo International Scholarship in Japan is a Full Free International Graduate Scholarship for Students from all over the globe. The Scholarship will provide monthly stipend which will enough to Complete your degree with all the expenses.
Details given below:
- ¥210,000 per month for 1 to 2 years degree
- ¥190,000 per month for 3 years degree
- ¥160,000 per month for 4 to 5 years degree.
You have to submit following document in an online application system to apply for Honjo International Scholarship 2023 in Japan.
- Academic transcript (In Japanese or English; please attach a translation in case of
- other languages.)
- Academic transcript of undergraduate course (Required). If you transferred into the university from the College of technology (kōsen school system), the transcript of it is also required.
- Academic transcript of graduate school (If you don’t have it yet, it is unnecessary
- to submit.)
- Research Proposal: Use the given template (Click Here) and write in Japanese language.
What we want applicants to describe:
- What you are going to research?
- What and how you are going to contribute to your home country in the based what you will have learned or studied in Japan?
- What you have achieved regarding research, academic and social activity?
- A recommendation letter from the supervisor: Please get the recommendation letter describing the applicant’s academic performances, personal characteristics evaluation, future potential etc. The student can also get the recommendation letter from the previous supervisor in his / her country, if the recommender is more familiar with his / her academic background. The number of sheets and formats are not designated, but please attach a translation if it is written in the languages other than English or Japanese.
- Documents that prove admission, such as an admission letter, a letter of acceptance etc. Please upload the certificate of enrollment only if the student is already enrolling in the graduate school.
- If the admission letter or the letter of acceptance is not available by April 30, 2023, please fill the probable date that is available in “web application system”. And send it to the HISF office via email as soon as it is available. Note that, after April 30, 2023 web application system cannot be logged in.
- Open all the envelopes of documents to upload as PDF files through the “scholarship web application system”, even if they are directed as “Confidential” or “Invalid if opened”.
- A recommendation letter which is sent by email or post mail by a recommender is acceptable. In that case, upload a PDF file that is written “A letter is sent directly.” The email address that a letter is sent is [email protected].
- Photocopied documents can also be used to be uploaded.
Eligibility Criteria for Japan Scholarship:
To be eligible to apply for the Honjo International Scholarship 2023/2024 You must meet the following criteria:
- The student who does not possess Japanese citizenship
- The student must be enrolled as of September or October 2023 or currently applying for the academic course starting from September or October 2023 at a graduate school in Japan. Those who are already enrolled and those who are not enrolled yet (including people who are currently employed with jobs at the time of applying for the program) are both eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are going to be enrolled in September or October 2023. Those who are going to enter graduate schools in Spring 2024 should apply for the 2023 program which starts accepting applications from September 1 to October 31, 2023 (scheduled).
- In principle, the student enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible to apply. However, the student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply.
- The enrolment duration until graduation must be longer than 12 months.
- To be eligible, the student applying for the PhD program must start the PhD course by the age of 35. The student applying for the master’s program must start the master course by the age of 30 (No exception).
- The student must have a strong will to serve in their home country as a future career plan.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese (No exception).
How to Apply for Honjo International Scholarship?
There is an Online Application System to apply for Honjo International Scholarship 2023/2024. You have to fill online application form and Upload necessary documents there. No need to send documents by Post.
The link to Application Form and Official Advertisement is given below:
The last date to apply for Fully Funded Honjo International Scholarship 2023/24 for International Students is 30th April 2023.