Applications are invited to apply for the Korean Government GKS Scholarship 2023/2024 in South Korea. All International Students from any part of the globe are eligible to apply for Global Korea Scholarship 2023. The Global Korea GKS Scholarship is Fully Funded Scholarship to pursue Master’s Degree or PhD Degree from South Korea. This Year, the Korean Government is offering 1,278 International Scholarships from 145 countries who wish to pursue a graduate-level degree (Master’s or Doctoral) or Research in Korea. The award is available for academic session of 2023/2024.
Almost all academic fields and majors are offered by Korean Government to pursue Postgraduate degree programs from Korean best Universities. All the expenses will be covered by Government of Korea.
Korea Government Scholarship is one of the Top Scholarships in the world which enrolls a high Number of Students each Year. The call-in February is for Graduate Degree whereas for Undergraduate the call will open in September.
About the Korean Government GKS Scholarship 2023/2024:
|Degree level:||Masters, PhD, Research|
|Scholarship coverage:||Fully Funded|
|Eligible nationality:||All Nationalities|
|Award country:||South Korea|
|Deadline:||different for every country|
Korean Government GKS Scholarship 2023/2024 in Korea is a Fully Funded Scholarship in Korea for international students. The Global Korea GKS Scholarship 2023 will cover all the expenses. Detail is given below:
- Complete Tuition Fee
- Monthly Allowance (KRW 1,000,000 – KRW 1,500,000)
- Resettlement Allowance (KRW 200,000)
- Medical Insurance (KRW 20,000)
- Research Support (KRW 210,000 – 240,000)
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Language Courses
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) (KRW 500,000 – 800,000)
- Completion Grant.
About GKS Scholarship:
To provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in Graduate Programs at Higher Educational Institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Available Study Fields
- All-Academic Fields & Majors are available Under the Global Korea Scholarship by the Korean Government for Masters & PhD.
- Applicants must choose their majors (fields of study) that are only listed in the “University Information” file.
Korean Scholarship Duration:
- 3 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 2 years of a degree program
- Doctoral Degree: 4 years
- 1 year of the Korean language program
- 3 years of the regular degree program
- 6 Months.
Eligibility Criteria for Global Korea Scholarship:
Applicants have to meet the following eligibility criteria while applying for Korean Government GKS Scholarship in Korea:
- All applicants must be in good health, both mentally and physically.
- All applicants must have maintained CGPA equivalent to or higher than following:
- CGPA: 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0
- % age: Must be 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one’s class.
- All applicants must hold citizenship of NIIED designated countries
- All applicants and their parents must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are Not eligible to apply.
- Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit documentation that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
- Must be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2023 (born after September 1, 1983)
- Academic professors who are under 45 years of age as of September 1, 2023 (born after September 1, 1978) and hold citizenship of one of the Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipients listed in the table below are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must hold or must be expected to hold a Bachelor’s Degree to be enrolled in a Master Program or hold a Master Degree to be enrolled in Ph.D. Degree Program.
- Research Program Applicants: Must hold a degree or a level of education equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree and must have received an invitation from one of NIIED’s designated Korean universities.
- Postdoctoral Research Program: Must hold a doctoral degree or a level of education equivalent to a doctoral degree.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate at the time of applying must first submit the certificate of expected graduation at the time of applying.
- English Language Requirements/Certificate.
How to Apply for Korean Government GKS Scholarship?
The procedure to apply Korean Government GKS Scholarship is different and set by each country. The official website link is given below:
We highly advise you to make sure to check the calls for 2023/2024 GKS applications separately announced by relevant institutions or offices in your country.
The last date to apply for the Korean Government GKS Scholarship 2023/2024 – GKS Scholarship is varying from Country to Country and Korean Embassy to Embassy of your Country.
All applicants must check the deadline for application submission by contacting their relevant embassy or desired university directly.