AIMS Structured Master’s Program in Mathematical Sciences 2021 | Fully Funded: African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Calls for Applications from Talented and Motivated Students from Across the African Continent for its 2021/2022 Master’s Degree in Mathematical Sciences. Deadline: 31st March, 2021, See Eligibility,
Benefits, Selection Criteria, Application Guidelines and Procedure.
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is pleased to announce that it has opened applications for its Master’s Degree Program at its six centres of excellence for the 2021/2022 Academic year.
AIMS is a pan-African network of centres of excellence enabling Africa’s talented students to become innovators driving the continent’s scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. They enable Africa’s brightest students to become innovators that propel scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency.
Do you have a four-year university degree in mathematics and science or engineering subjects with a significant mathematics component? Do you have a strong aptitude in mathematics, leadership and community service? Apply now to be a student at AIMS in 2021 and study world-class mathematical sciences in Africa.
Why Should You Apply for AIMS Master’s Degree Program?
- Their courses are taught by outstanding African and international lecturers and supported by a team of resident tutors.
- AIMS graduates progress to top advanced degree programs and careers in Africa and all over the world.
- They have a highly interactive teaching climate where students are encouraged to learn together through questioning and discovery.
- They place emphasis on computational methods and scientific computing with 24/7 access to computer labs and the internet.
- Both students and lecturers share a 24-hour learning environment.
- They have a Pan-African student body, including a minimum of 30% women.
- Applicants must hold or expect to obtain a 4-year university degree in mathematics or any other science/engineering discipline with a significant mathematics component by the date of commencement of AIMS training.
- Candidate records must demonstrate strong mathematics, leadership and community service skills.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
No registration fees are required for the candidates selected for the Master’s degree. Full scholarships covering tuition, accommodation, meals and travel expenses are also awarded to successful applicants.
Each candidate’s file will be assessed in light of the available training opportunities. Potential candidates must demonstrate both a high level of motivation and the potential for satisfactory training completion.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications by March 31 for the August session. Successful applicants will be notified by May. Master’s degrees are awarded in partnership with leading local academic institutions affiliated with AIMS centres.
Method of Application
31st March 2021.